Centrifuge Repair, Rebuild, Refurbishing, & Reconditioning
See How it is done:
1. Arrival Process – Upon arrival machinery (decanter, tricanter, vertical cuttings dryer, basket centrifuge) is received at which time paperwork is immediately generated. This documentation reflects the arrival date, customer, point of contact, time of arrival, and the Job # that has been assigned to the repair or job. Detailed pictures are then taken from all elevations/planes of the equipment at time of its arrival and stored electronically. Job # is then stamped on all parts of the rotating assembly and any additional components applicable or where two components mate together.
2. Disassembly- After equipment components including the gearbox are stamped with the newly assigned job number the disassembly process can begin. First the gearbox is removed and sent to the Gear Box department for further disassembly, cleaning, and inspection. Each component is then removed in reverse order of its general assembly and run through a parts washer.
3. Media Blasting/Cleaning – Assembly components received with worn coatings are media blasted to original base metal without damaging their passive layer. Worn components required to be blasted will be recoated towards final assembly with original coating or equivalent.
Equipment smaller internal and external parts are cleaned via parts washer having all oil, grease, and residual product removed prior to detailed inspection.
Larger components of the assembly are media blasted to base metal prior to detailed inspection.
4. Inspections – Once the meticulous cleaning process is complete the detailed inspection begins. Machinery components are measured on precision surfaces with calibrated precision measurement tools. Any components outside of OEM tolerances are red tagged, items within spec requiring nothing further are green tagged to identify areas in need of correction. Each Our inspection department is responsible for measuring and documenting equipment ID bore, OD
5. Conveyor Repair – Excessive wear to your conveyor can greatly diminish your solids capture rate. Our welding department is capable of conveyor re blading, conveyor under cutting and tiling, re tiling, hard surfacing, conveyor hub build up, & performing conveyor modifications (re purposing a machine from one industry to another).
6. Welding - Our welding department is outfitted with ARC, GMAW, TIG style welding machines. As well as metal arc gouging, hard surfacing, flame spray rig,
7. Machining - Manual turning is our passion. Some of the lathes we have in service served on Naval carriers at some point in their youth. Today their purpose is to qualify individual machinery parts. This qualification process allows us to ensure parts are on size within .005” tolerance, maintain parallelism, maintain concentricity, as well as adjust stack up when necessary.
8. Balancing – Two-plane dynamic balancing done the correct way, “In Realtime”. The balancing procedure we follow is simple. Maintain .002” TIR end to end of conveyor and balance utilizing window EZ balance 2.2 software. Once complete install conveyor into bowl and balance whole assembly with gearbox installed, pillow block assembly complete, and gearbox pinion held (scroll will be turning while balancing).
9. Assembly - Serves as the first line of defense. Our mechanics are in constant contact with the machinery from the time it arrives until the last minute prior to its departure. This department is basically where the magic happens. Responsibilities such as disassembly, cleaning, inspection, flame straightening, two plane dynamic balancing, re assembly, precision measuring, and factory acceptance testing fall upon these craftsmen’s shoulders. Their passion for commitment and disciplined effort is best shown in our delivered final product.
10. Reports - Sample inspection report.
11. FAT, Q/A, Q/C - Prior to shipment it is a mandatory procedure for machinery to run at maximum operating speed for 2 hours. In 15-minute, intervals temperature of pillow blocks, gearbox, & motor/s are checked and documented. Once Factory Acceptance Test is complete machinery is sent through make ready. The last and final step is the Q/A, Q/C check list completion signed by site production mgr.
12. Delivery - Greysun Centrifuge is an industry leader in decanter centrifuge manufacturing, remanufacturing, rebuilding, and repair. With over 40 years’ combined experience between our team of craftsmen, there is no problem GreySun cannot diagnose and solve. We will be happy to help you with all of your needs.